Seer's EEG-ECG monitoring service is most often used to confirm the diagnosis of neurological or cardiac conditions, test the efficacy of medications, and establish whether people with epilepsy are safe to drive.
Which patients benefit?
At-home video EEG-ECG primarily benefits patients who live too far away from inpatient diagnostic services or are unlikely to commit to a stay in hospital.
Some of those patient groups include:
- People with a psychiatric / behavioural co-morbidity (e.g. depression, anxiety);
- People with an addiction (cigarettes, alcohol etc);
- People from a non-English-speaking background or with English as a second language;
- People that require care or assistance such as elderly patients, disabled patients or patients with other special needs;
- Young people transitioning to adult hospital;
- Single parents;
- People with pets.
Following a referral, your patient will be contacted by our clinical team to confirm a recording period and an appointment to
connect / disconnect the electrodes in our Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane clinics.
- Seer's 10-20 EEG and ECG setup is designed and built for comfort and stability.
- A wide-angle HD video camera captures symptoms in context.
- We guarantee that the quality of our data is as high, if not higher than in-hospital monitoring.
We can record video EEG-ECG for up to 10 days (7 days standard), so those patients who have special needs or live in remote areas can be monitored in the comfort of their own home.
Video EEG-ECG data is streamed in the cloud so we can ensure high standards during the monitoring period.
Why combine EEG and ECG?
We combine EEG and ECG to distinguish symptoms originating in the brain from from those in the heart.
Using an evidence-based approach, we label all events, small and large, so you have a more complete picture of how your patient is doing.
Comprehensive conclusions, from neurologist Prof Mark Cook and various renowned cardiologists, will be available within one week of monitoring.
Our service is fully bulk-billed with a referral and valid medicare card. Please contact us if bulk-billing is not possible.